View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 10:56 AM   #43
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Well I will put my 2¢ in here on the Vert option......
I started with a hardtop 1LT, loved it, drove the crap out of it, now its a toy and I wanted to upgrade.
I never had a convertible, ya I always wanted one, many folks warned me about getting one.......leaks all the time, someone can get into the car with just a knife, they are noisy, they are tempermental and unreliable, you will never use it where you live, etc...
Then I finally realized that folks will try to dissuade you from anything, especially if it's something THEY cannot have or afford.
I finally got into the mindset that Hey! its gonna be my car, I'm getting what I want, so I finally just broke down and put the word out that I was looking to get a Vert.
Now that I have one I am pleased with that decision, the convertible adds a whole new dimension to the car.
I still went with the V6 (but I wont get into that here.....thats been covered in thousands of other threads) I figured I am basically going for looks over power, ya its nice to have that V8 but I figured......Who am I gonna be racing? I just love throwing down the top and enjoying the drive.....thats who I am......
If you are thinking of the vert, then I say go for it, you wont regret it. But I suggest you get a 13 or newer, they seem to have most of the bugs worked out of the top now