View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #45
Jeff65SS

Drives: 1965 Chevelle Malibu SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssasdad View Post
I know this thread is old but since Jimmy has shown how to install a catch can about the best of anybody I've seen,I've got a question.First off,I just got my catch can from Tracy, and plan on installing it tomorrow. Mounting the can seems easy enough but I'm wondering one thing. How the hell can you get close enough to the original little hose that has to be snapped off!!! I guess if you took off that big black round thing and all those little lines running in and out of it and maybe took the belt off it would not be as difficult, but everybody says its real simple and takes an hour or less. I guess I just want to clarify this : You can install a Rx catch can with a flathead screwdriver and a socket wrench(used to install the can on the bracket and the bracket on the car). Just using the supplied hose(that you cut in half) and all you have to do is take the engine cover off. Is this correct? Even if you can get the little connecting hose off( with only touching it with a flathead screwdriver) how can you get the two new hoses back on!! I'm not a mechanic, so I've only got your basic tools laying around. I don't have a foot long pair of needle nose pliers!!! I might could reach it if I did.LOL!! I know I'm going to get slammed for asking this but that little connecting hose just looks a little hard to get to. Unless you've got the hands of a new born baby. Thanks for clarifying this for me along with any help anyone can give me!!!
Small hands definitely make it easier. I used a flat head screwdriver to help get the old hoses off, and used hose clamps to attach the new hoses. I don't see how you could reattach the new hoses without hose clamps.... there just isn't enough room to push the hoses over the lip on each of the nipples.
Jeff65SS is offline   Reply With Quote