View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 12:13 PM   #542
jasycz28
J.Sick

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70SS View Post
Here's a Kawasaki brake reservoir I used to replace my GTO one with. I forget the exact specs, but holds over twice the volume - so makes bleeding the clutch and going dry less risky. Plus it's a much bigger target to pour fluid into. It has an upper diapram type cap that keeps the fluid from sloshing around and seals perfectly. In my case, I was able to reuse the mounting bracket by flattening one portion out and reverse mounting compared to the origional motorcycle intent - bolted right to the LPE relocated Maggie reservoir and just barely cleared the hood. My lastest and best EDPM hose IMO, came from a BMW dealership - has a black cloth braided cover also.

I had done numerous full internet and ebay searches, checked all the Wilwood options, and went to every motorcycle shop I could find to look on bikes to find it. The hard part was most places don't give volume specs, side discharge is a must to keep from getting air trapped in the hose, and being able to see through IMO is the smartest way to go. You don't want to be opening the reservoir, just to check levels and color (just contaminates it quicker).

Only downside is it cost about 5x more. GTO is around $20ish range, this was just under $100 with tax -but might be closer to $90, since a few hardware pieces weren't used and could be deleted. Plus, maybe it can be ordered on the internet for cheaper? I know this ends up being a tease - but I will find the reciept and part #s to post when I get back in town and have time. The part is used on numerous Kawasaki model/years and definitely will not leak..... even has a keeper bracket so cap couldn't possibly vibrate loose (overkill a motorcycle probably needs).
Can you post an up close pic installed please?