View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 03:50 PM   #15
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
I am betting you are VERY close to the ball park with $5-6 hundred. I paid $200 shipped for my springs and only $170 TOTAL for the sways BUT that was the C5Fest BOGO deal that you WON'T find again. I am pretty sure you could get all the hardware for what your looking to spend.

Now the install is another thing. I have installed at least 10 sets of each and I can say its VERY easy but takes a while first time. I spent better part of a day on my first spring/sway install but now can do it all in about 3 hours if I stayed at it. If you needed any pointers on installing if you go that route, let me know. Not sure what your tool supply looks like but to do the job you need a lot of metric sockets and open ended wrenchs. You may spend more buying tools than an install. Consider another $100 for a 4 wheel alignment when done. You could always come to our mod day and I'd do it for free but the commute would be hell!

If it came down to it, springs for the stiffness and improved ride and look, then sways. I did springs, then sways about 2 months later. Springs impove the "floaty feel" and bounce over bumps. The ride is a tad rougher but nothing major. The sways will just add increased stability and cornering ability. I would say doing sways first would not be the best route. Sure it could be done but I'd stiffen up the ride first.

As far as strutt tower brace, do that if you like but I will tell you these cars are VERY stiff. You can jack up one side and it lifts BOTH! Its actually pretty amazing! Let me know if you need any pointer/help!!!
Thanks brother, if I do the install myself you can bet I'll be callin

I don't have an extravagant tool arsenal, so I dunno... Just the CAI install meant 3 trips to Kragen

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote