View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 06:20 PM   #92
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
420 tq @ 2500 rpm? how is that "lack of low end grunt"?
I don't care what the numbers on paper are. I've driven them, and they don't feel any stronger driving around town and merging onto the interstate than the NA 3.5s. Maybe they start to put out if you put your foot all the way to the floor, but having to whip it to get anything out of it doesn't exactly give a sense of a strong engine. If the way they tune these EcoBoosts is such that their power delivery is like an on/off switch, they can keep them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05stram View Post
Major difference there bud - trust me I tow with trucks daily and the Raptor absolutely sucks at towing period. let me reiterate they suck at hauling too. So where are the truck features you describe - if you love them that much my son in law has one he will sale you so he can buy a real truck. Baja is not truck.
Here's the important difference between how the Raptor and Lightning are being sold:

The Lightning was a truck trying to be a sports car, and it wasn't. The Raptor is a truck meant to be a hard-core, high performance 4x4, and that's exactly what it is. The Raptor greatly excels at its intended function. The Lightning was just mediocre.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote