View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleag View Post
I am looking at a 2001 Camaro SS with 160,000 miles on it.The body is in good shape with no rust and a few small dings in the passenger side door.Seller wants $2,000.00 for it with a blown up LS1,has a 3 inch hole in the block and looked under the underneath seeing the hole.The seller's son hot rodded with a rod knock driving it this way and the madman got out.I am planning to use this car as a drag car using an LS1.Luckily I do have a 2001 LS1 with a top end noise I bought as a core in my back room from a junk yard I go to.Has the 6 speed and I know how the engine comes out.I know it comes out from the bottom and I do have a hoist at my home workshop,done one so far.I offered him a grand and turned it down.It will be another project in the winter if I get it.Is a grand a good price?

If he rodded it, a grand is a fair price. You don't know what else could have been warped/torn up due to racing. Could start as an engine swap and lead to redoing bushings, mounts, suspension, electronics..

He'd be better off parting it out if he wanted something more out of a rolling chassis with 160K on it. If it were say.. 80K I could see 2K coming out of it.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote