View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 12:19 AM   #100
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by makarovnik221 View Post
Lord, how I wish they taught basic economics in school! The first thing you geniuses need to realize is that there is no such thing as "Price Gouging." In a free enterprise economy, people pay what they feel something is worth. If people need gasoline and are willing to pay 5, 6 or 7 dollars a gallon, then that is what that commodity is worth to them. If I charged $10 a gallon for gas, and no one felt that it was worth it to them, no one would buy the gas and I'd have to lower my prices to a level that people thought was correct, or I wouldn't be in business very long. If someone wants to pay $25,000 more than MSRP, then that is his prerogative. That's why the $1500 my father paid in 1971 for a Toyota Corolla won't get me much today, because people have agreed to pay more over the years for their cars, because they feel the cars are worth it. Come on, people, learn some economics!
Oh how I wish people would before they post... :bangdesk:

price gouging

noun

pricing above the market price when no alternative retailer is available

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote