View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 04:47 PM   #15
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob53 View Post
Finally took Blue out for a run up past Sacramento, and back down through San Francisco. The ride was smooth as silk. On a day where the temperatures throughout the central valley ran well over 100 dgerees, blue performed excellently, and maintained her cool. This is the first manual transmission I've had in more than 20 years. After a very short while, I became very comfortable with it once again. Good thing too, because I found myself on some really steep inclines in SF, with at some stop lights, a guy just inches from my rear end! She handled the streets of SF just fine, though, admittedly, that's not her forte`.

One of the funniest things we encountered was that while we we parked at a scenic outlook spot at the Marin Headlands, overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge, people were actually photographing my Camaro, as we took photos of the GG through the fog. While we we there, it was 62 degrees, according to the temp, gauge on the entertainment center. At the same time the temp in Fresno, (where we left the day earlier) was 112! Good choice for a time to take a field trip!!! The overall driving experience over the nearly 500 mile round trip, was just awesome. Several times as I re-entered a freeway I came up to speed so quickly, I didn't realize how fast I was going, and was passing the freeway traffic before shifting into 4th gear. Most of the trip I stayed locked in on cruise control in 6th gear @ approx. 70MPH. There was some mountain driving between The coast and the valley, and she performed incredibly. I still think of her as a beast, because she just has such an attitude, I mean, like go, go, go, and I mean fast! The exhaust note has change a bit since putting a few miles on her. I've had blue since May 11th, she now has over 1200 miles on her, and she sounds a bit angrier these days, when we accelerate. For those of you wondering, We did the approx. 500 miles trip on one fill up. I averaged 22.1 MPG on this first fill up. I am at a 1/4 tank now and expect at least 22MPG on her when I fill her up later today. First she needs a bath, she can't been seen in public as she is right now, muchos dirty! Well, that wraps up my first real field trip in Blue. I was happy when on got her on 5-11, and I am even happier now, I love her

Posting a few pics from our trip!
Great photos of the car...looks like a postcard with the bridge in the background...enjoy the ride!!!!!!!...
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote