View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #575
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by flht99b View Post
Just my opinion but the GM GTO ( Holden ) reservoir is the way to go. No one has the R&D money GM has to develop this piece. It works on the GTO and I hazard to say there are over a thousand of us running them on the Camaro. And yes, every manual shift gen 5 Camaro should have had a remote clutch reservoir ( like the Corvette and GTO have from the factory ). The idea of getting clutch dust into the brake hydraulic system which is what happens with a shared ( 5th gen Camaro ) brake/clutch hydraulic reservoir system is just absurd. Plus the difficulty of flushing/bleeding the clutch hydraulic system is magnified when the brakes and clutch share the same reservoir. I can tell you the GM engineers who looked at my separate/remote clutch reservoir setup at the 3rd C5 fest at Indy this past August were both impressed as well as admitted the addition of the separate clutch reservoir makes good "real world" sense.
Ed M.
Installed mine over the weekend and very impressed with the ease of doing this. Seriously, for the price of parts and a couple hours of your time, you really can't go wrong with doing it. It's cheap insurance.

Now all that's left is a good clutch & brake system flush which will probably be scheduled with the 30k maintenance appointment.
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote