View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 09:22 AM   #30
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmliptak View Post
2wik is correct. Perhaps someone else can comment on the current state of things, but normally the GMPP stuff has to be dealer installed in order to retain your warranty, it was that way the last time I had some goodies installed but that was some time ago.......
When I got the TRD Supercharger for my 4Runner, the dealer at first said it had to be installed by a dealer for the Supercharger to have the same warranty as the vehicle (5 yr / 60K mile powertrain). If you installed it yourself then the Supercharger had a 1 yr / 12K mile warranty but WOULD NOT affect the vehicle warranty whatsoever as long as it was installed properly. The dealer wanted $600 to install so needless to say I did it myself.

Here's a little install video I did for fun:

I'd hope GMPP would be the same way. Installing my supercharger was a piece of cake and not nearly worth $600 to have done.

Of course shortly after that I installed a piggy back ECU, smaller pulley, 7th injector, blah blah blah and voided the warranty anyway, but it runs like a champ and has since day one.

I dyno'd to see what was gained and picked up exatly 100 RWHP with the SC and other goodies. I'd think a GMPP Supercharger on the SS Camaro would be good for over 500 RWHP.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote