View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 01:47 AM   #169
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don O View Post
Not trying to confuse anyone, but I only know what the dealer installed and the service reports lists PN 20927509. Could it be like in the old days when the factory installed part (Cheryl's number) had a different number then "the service replacement" ?

I know nothing more than what they installed and it displays the DA/DX versions. I'm a happy camper and I was very surprised they had it in stock.

Don O
The part number Cheryl supplied was being installed at factory, AND sent out to replace stock in the parts department. You may have received a newer part that didnt have anything wrong with it. Since not all of the PDIMS have issues, i suspect you may have received one without the problems. I heard it was a problem with something inside the PDIM shorting out, so maybe you got lucky? I also thought I saw on TIS a new PDIM pushed out in like october or something.. the number i got is for a brand new part that they just developed. Its possible you got a DA/DX version right before this one came out. Who knows.