View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #9
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy D View Post
I have to disagree, perhaps it was since it was a cold day and a tight track, but I would have guessed lower air pressure as well, and started at 28 for the morning sessions. I found that 37-38 cold for the afternoon was not too much, and my experience on the track seemed to back it up (faster lap times, less of the PTM nanny kicking in); furthermore, a lot of the tire guys and a couple of the guys who race there regularly discussed going up to 42-43 cold, since the car is so heavy.

I have a question on the burnishing if you already have completed break in on the car. I burnished prior to going to the track, but honestly did not have any different brake feel. Has anyone else experienced the same thing? I too had already had the fluid changed for the track.

It would be interesting to hear from the tire manufacturer to see what they have been running, and what the Vette guys are running on these tires. I would guess we can't run the same pressure as the Vettes because of the extra weight.
Wow, well I will take your word for it and give it a shot. Are you looking at your wear lines to see if they are in line with the traingles? I wouldnt think you would be getting enough contact patch at such high PSI's. These tires like to be scrubbed on the outer most edges, but if it worked for you, by all means, you are the one driving and the only one that can attest to the feel.

As far as burnishing, no I did not notice any difference in perfromance, I beleive this just helps everything seat properly and helps prevent any uneven wear of pads/rotors. I will be at Buttonwillow this Sunday and will play around with the PSI and post results.