View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #6
HeavyArms SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
That's a lot of solid mods for a decent price. Truly a good example for someone wanting to get a car to take right to the track. Is it really that bad that you can't stand it?
Well, I just don't really want to spend a whole lot of money getting it to where I would like it. I discovered some things with the car after I had bought it that needed fixing, which the guy I bought it from didn't mention. When I test drove it, the transmission didn't pop out of gear. The guy I bought it from just said reverse was "tricky" that you had to play with the clutch a bit. It also needs to be retuned. It ran perfectly fine driving it back from CA, but when I started it the next day it took a good amount of time just to find it's idle at 850 rpms. The car wanted to die if you didn't hold it steady at around 800 rpms for 30 seconds or so. Once the car is warmed up after 5 minutes it just purrs. It's only an issue at cold start. Plus not having AC right now kinda sucks here. It really is just setup for someone to take it to the track and that's about it. I thought otherwise, oh well.

Zabo: It does suck gas pretty bad. Your TA is really nice, just looking for something a little closer to home.