View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 08:05 PM   #146
arussh

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs, 1990 iroc-z
A few nights back a G8 gxp and I happened to find ourselves sitting side by side on a two lane highway where about 3/4 of a mile down the road a pickup seemed to be sidewise across the road. Oddly enough, directly behind us was a small import who was sounding his horn in a rythmical fashion. On the 3 horn beep I decided to see what the pickup truck was doing so I accelerated firmly and to my surprise the G8 did so as well. It seemed he too was curious to see what the pickup was doing.
Approximately 12.9 sec and 114 mph est later, after I had crossed a white graffity line oddly painted across the road and had slowed down, I discovered that the pickup was waiting to inform oncoming traffic that the roadway was closed temporarily. Approximately 13 sec later G8 discovered the same information. Later the 4 drivers met at a local donut shop to discuss cai's and cat back exhausts and their relationship to gas mileage at certain terminal velocities we agreed the SS had indeed achieved the best gas mileage. Temperature was 65 degrees, humidity level 3%, @ 50 feet above sea level.
arussh is offline   Reply With Quote