View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #9
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
Whats wrong with a Tranny flush? This method flushes out ALL the fluid even from your Torque Convertor & it also cleans your filter. This is what I was told at the GM Dealer... If you just change the oil you'll still have the old oil in the TC.
I was quoted at a GM(USA) Tranny Flush - $195....Rear Diff. Flush = $119. You don't want to know what my GM dealer(CDN) wants to charge
A tranny flush also loosens any debris that is in the tranny. In it's current location, that debris isn't doing any harm whatsoever but after it is loosened, that debris is now able to go elsewhere and cause havoc on your gears. I've seen numerous trannys fail soon after a tranny flush was performed and after disassembling and further investigation, was caused directly by the debris that the tranny flush had loosen and not removed. I've seen it happen way to many times to be just a mere coincidence. My local shop eventually stopped offering to do flushes because almost every single vehicle they did one on, came back a couple months later with issues. The only time I would do a flush is if you are doing a rebuild at the same time, otherwise I would not recommend anyone to get a flush. Just change the fluid and filter and move on. It's also pointless to clean the filter. Every time you do this, you HAVE to replace the filter.

Every time you change your oil, a little of the old oil is still in the system. You don't flush out your engine every time you change the oil do you?
Mr_Draco is online now   Reply With Quote