View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 08:43 AM   #5
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
You are in luck, fellow software engineer. My father is a GM executive, and heads a team of MBA's who do advanced market research for new auto technologies (I'm really not making this up).

We often have chats about things GM could do better, new features, new marketing strategies, etc. While I hadn't quite offered up the idea of your car "checking" if your phone was connected, I have suggested some sort of feedback on the behavior of your vehicle via SMS, or a web interface. The latter is something I am very interested in. I envision a day where you can "log in" to your car, much like you can log in to your bank accounts at your banks website. You'd be able to get diagnostic data, set configurations (such as what phone you'd like your car to pair with), and even upload music to your car's hard drive. This could be extended to include your concept, something like "text this number if the car starts and does not pair with the phone's bluetooth".

They are working on lots of things like this, some of which I can't discuss here, and some of which my dad cannot discuss with me :p Needless to say, there are lots of cool enhancements coming soon! (assuming GM can hang on!) Heck, they were the guys that invented the key fob!
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote