View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 10:45 PM   #646
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
I have a fun time at the track, people can't hide behind a computer claiming they run a certain time. They either have to run their time or shut up.

The admins let anybody in the club that has a Camaro on their facebook profile. Too many jealous people in the club, they have to be the center of attention. You would probably be hated since you are willing to put a turbocharger on your V6 and also have the knowhow. Knowledge is hated in the club. I also hate how people will take what you do and try to claim credit for it.

On a better note though, here are my 60' times from yesterday:
2.011 (Personal Best)

MUCH MUCH better than usual, I started doing a small burnout to clean my tires off and it helped a lot. I'm also launching a little above idle and it is helping, I may need to try to launch even higher, the car bogs down too much till 5000 RPM's to get a good 330' time.

DA was over 2000, started with 2061 and ended with 2858. My best corrected time was a 12.780 @ 112.81 from a 13.122 @ 109.71 in 2176 DA.

Next step is to lower one of my meth nozzles to a size smaller and if I get my 1 piece driveshaft, install it. If it wasn't for the lack of low-end torque this car would be awesome. I'm starting to wonder if Torque Management is active in the IPF trans tune, 2nd gear feels more powerful than 1st gear, which is wrong. Also, the transmission shifts softly compared to the 6R80 in the Mustangs, that one will slam your head into the seat.
Do you run drag radials? If not, why not? I think with drag radials you may be able to get the 60' times down to a 1.8 which would definitely put you into the 12 second range

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote