View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 02:48 PM   #5
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pino View Post
I contacted my Sales Manager and he says everything is moving but I'm sitting at 1100. I'm confused why it takes GM so long to accept the order. Does this mean that if there are 20 people who purchased a Camaro from that dealership that they have to get 20 allocations before they actually get to my car. If so, this sucks. They might be on the 2nd order of 20. Does this sound right?
you are correct.

My dealer was up front with me - there were 3 ahead of my order before mine was placed. He showed me the queue and how all of them were moving through the system. (I don't expect your salesperson to show you the same thing) - I have bought a LOT of vehicles from him over 10 years, and have a really good relationship with the dealer.

You should be able to ask where you are in the queue - how many people are in front of you. They *should* be honest and give you an honest answer.

Every dealership is different - some have a larger allocation than others, so they can place orders for more cars. Trick is finding one.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote