Thread: V6 FI Stats
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 11:28 AM   #31
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehulk View Post
pardon my interpretation, but if you spend several thousand dollars and hundreds of man hours on a turbo and its still not working properly, that in itself is awful.
That post pretty much sums it up. You present your "interpretation" as facts here and in other threads, you have no facts. You have nothing to base any interpretation on. You don't even ask the questions. For example, where did you get the hunderds of hours from??? I WISH I HAD SPENT HUNDREDS OF HOURS ON MY CAR!!! I love working on my car and if I wasn't working 300+ hrs/mo I would maybe have spent hundreds of hours on it over the last few months, and LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT.

Here are some facts so you can quit misinterpreting things:

1) Tracey and I built the whole thing in 1 week. I doubt we spent 100 hours total.
2) Since I got back from FL I haven't spent 20 hrs on it. The longest session was the day we took the exhaust off to get all the oil out -- about 3 hrs including a lot of talking with my friends as we waited for parts to dry.
3) My automatic V6 now puts out more power than an L99 SS at just 4.5 psi. At 9-10 psi it will rival the ZR1. That will take about 45 min. to swap springs and log it for Vince and about 10 minutes to install any new tune that may be necessary. WHAT MOD CAN YOU DO THAT TAKE 1 HOUR AND ADDS THAT MUCH POWER?

If you are looking for power without having to work on your car then fine. Just don't tell me and everyone else that you know more about the value of having turbos on the LLT than we do. You don't have one and therefore have no experience with them.

When and if you get the SS, have fun with that idea that they won't need to be worked on. The oil, diff and tranny fluids need to be change, it will need new plugs, the tires will wear out, etc... As for me, I'll keep enjoying my cars and truck and keep wishing I could spend hundreds of hours working on them.