View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 02:20 PM   #3
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casalino View Post
I'm sure this is somewhere on this forum. Heads up, i actually searched. Whether i searched the correct way or not, i can't tell you lol. I even googled, but all i got was a way to upload the pic on some sort of cloud website, and then put the link in your comment to the pic.

But i want to know how you guys attach the pics right into the comment
If you are making a quick reply (ie, you aren't making a new thread or haven't clicked [] -just replying at the bottom of the thread), click [Go Advanced].

If you are quoting someone or making a new thread, it defaults to the advanced editor.

Once in the advanced editor you will see a paperclip in the top row of icons above the text entry space (). Click it, and it you can upload pictures into your post. They won't show up when your are editing your post, but they will be there afterward. You can also use this attachment feature to add other file types such as PDFs or text documents, if you ever need to. There are size limits for any file you attach, the details are listed in the Manage Attachements popup. Just a heads up in case it doesn't work (this website is more than a decade old ... pictures were a lot smaller back then). If it is too big, you can either shrink them down yourself & try again, or upload them to an image hosting site & link to them.

Once you have your pictures uploaded, they will by default be show at the bottom of your post in the order that you uploaded them. That is how 99.99% of uploaded pictures get posted on the site. But if you want, it is possible to put them anywhere. With your pics uploaded, click the little downward triangle to the right of the paperclip. Select the image you want and it will appear wherever you left the cursor in the text box. Like right after this line:
Name:  image-placeholder-500x500.jpg
Views: 1150
Size:  9.3 KB

In the editor it will show up as [ATTAC H]<number>[/ATTACH] instead of the picture itself. Now I've got an uploaded image inside my post instead of at the bottom. This can be extremely handy if you want to explain multiple images in a single post (like if you're doing a how-to)

Hope that helps.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote