View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #92
backtotintops

Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
I ran A6s on a t1 viper on the track and occasionally on the street for many years…they are DOT but just barely.

There has to be a DOT tire that could be run year round in the cold that has decent performance. This would be the rains at the track and the street tires in the off season or possibly year round. If the trofeos were off the rims, they would be sealed in bags in my warm basement. I guess I should look at tire rack. I have owned may fast cars and all were driven year round and the 930 in the snow a few times…it was a white knuckler….so I'm not looking for a snow tire at all…just all around street and rains at the track. NO actual snow driving.

SO if you change to steel you have to change pads and as we both know there are many pads…the last ones I used on a production car was Hawk Blues or Carbotechs…these were very aggressive and burned through rotors but stopped the car very well…so to clarify..it is your opinion that an overly aggressive pad with steel rotors will not upset the bias?
backtotintops is offline   Reply With Quote