View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 07:27 PM   #93
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtotintops View Post
so to clarify..it is your opinion that an overly aggressive pad with steel rotors will not upset the bias?
My response was interpreting your question to be in regards to rotor swap (ceramic/iron) only. If you are running the same pad compound f/r, as you theoretically should be, regardless of rotor, then no, bias would not be affected. Obviously if you run one pad compound on F and a different one on R, then that would affect bias.

Now, a super aggressive pad could certainly affect ABS. Several high-performance cars suffer from the so-called "ice brake" especially with slicks and a rough surfaced track. Add a super aggressive pad to that mix and you freak out the ABS and induce ice-brake. Hopefully Mr. Steilow and team have calibrated the ABS with looser parameters and that's not an issue. I'd bet they did that early on.

On a car like the Z/28 the traction control and ABS are tuned and mapped to the tires, brakes, and suspension so if you start playing closet race-engineer (like many of us like to do), then you open the door to unwanted behaviors. I like to muck about and tweak stuff as much as the next guy, however I recognize up front that the Z/28 will be fully optimized for its mission in life, and have no desire to change anything.

"Knowledge is knowing how to do something, wisdom is know not to"

:-)

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote