View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 09:33 PM   #262
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I'm pretty much a ludite when it comes to technology and the Camaro. But I like the idea of having backup sensors on the car. I would much rather see them add $300 to some of them than making it a stand alone option costing significantly more $450 $600? $900? I don't know, but I would guess that GM did market research and concluded that the most profitable way to include this feature is the exact way they are doing it. Reading the comments from some, it would seem that every single feature should be an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
Not sure I get your point. So you ran a focus group on the internet. To clarify I meant to say performance enthusiast.

Regarding your general comments. Sounds like you are over dramatizing just a tad. While some of those things listed are valid concerns, I am not sure anybody was calling for the firing squad. Well maybe some mustang guys since the Camaro recently outsold them for the first time since 93 and can hand them their ass on a platter
You weren't around for the spyshots, his description of the reaction is rather accurate, a little over the top but not by much.

And as for the disciples, they were (are) Camaro enthusiasts who collectively understand what the Camaro is, and what it should be. We have a few on the site, send a PM to Garfin if you want to know more about what they did. He is one of them.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum