View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #124
pr3dict
O_o

Drives: '14 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by toothdoc1 View Post
Pr3dict

Where on the Island are you? I am originally from Hauppauge. I stopped at Smithtown Chevy back in April. I spoke to a salesman on the phone and asked if they had any 1LE's in stock. he said yeah, lots. I am thinking great. Haven't seen one in person yet. I get there - he thought I said Camaro LT. Dumbass, I feel like dealers don't know squat about the 1LE. With this website, we know much more than the salespeople selling the car. I see the sales staff as a facilitator. I wish you could just order it from GM direct and not have to deal with cluesless salespeople when buying a performance car.
I live north of Albany, giving my local dealer a try. If not, I will keep on travelling south till I get one at a price I want.
Haha. That's really funny, I actually went to Huntington Chevy originally and they blew me off as a kid window shopping so I went to Smithtown Chevy and the first dealer I saw took my order real quick but wasn't too bright. I was talking about leasing afterward and she was like ohhh leases aren't good on these cars. And I told her I saw residuals for the 2013 a few months ago at around 72% and she told me oh that's bad and began to tell me how the higher the number the more you have to pay haha I laughed at her and let her keep putting the order in (big mistake) then after taking all the options down including a sunroof she takes a deposit and tells me she will call me as things progress... I left and 10 minutes later I get a call asking if I wanted a coupe or a convertible... hahaha I ordered a 1le package and sunroof and she's asking if I want a vert... well I let that go also. Thats the last I heard from her until I kept having to inquire about an order number... a week later I got an order number and I emailed them today asking about pricing considering it was released last week and was told they don't have any yet and I will know "later in the month" ... It will be a fun game to play later if the car gets built and they try and sell me higher then my original window of 40-41k
pr3dict is offline   Reply With Quote