Thread: Bad luck or?
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 04:52 PM   #9
abelsspeedy

Drives: 10 2SS VR, 08 Escalade
Wheel balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredslayer View Post
I replaced my stock wheels with American Racing wheels, daytona. Driving home from shop I noticed a shim/vibration in steering wheel at low speed and higher. The shop I go to thought it might be a bad tire or wheel. I went to the dealership I bought car at to have a road master test done, the test showed three bad wheels, one tire questionable. Just had the three wheels replaced and the car still does same thing. A friend said I should replace all the tires and it can't be the wheels again.

Anyone have suggestions? The shop I go to has very good rep, I can't see them messing the set up, up or having bad wheels again. The dealership f'd up and had put the tires on wrong after the test, fronts on back,backs on rear! But now I'm at square one again with a shim.

Any positive input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sometimes its not a bad wheel causing the problem, what you need its a good balance. Had same problem with my pick up. I think its called a high speed road balance. thats when they use a roler against your tire to check for balance and they would see in a computer screen whats wrong.
had my wheels balanced 3 times before getting them high speed balanced. nothing worked till then. it was around $150 for a set of 22.
abelsspeedy is offline   Reply With Quote