View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 06:44 AM   #3
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
I installed the PDIM and steering wheel controls on the same day and took the car in to get them activated and was amazed that the service people didn't even know that they were separate. The reprogrammed the BCM for the steering wheel controls and when I picked the car up told me it was all ready. When I went to check to see if everything worked, the USB did nothing nor did the normal AUX jack. They argued with me up and down that they did everything required. When I told them that the PDIM and steering wheel controls were separate issues they looked at me like I had 3 heads. I had to actually go back into the garage area and #1 prove to them that it was a programming issue since the USB did have power on it (so it was hooked up correctly) and #2 tell them how to program it (with the instructions I had left with them earlier in the day). Complete incompetence. I should have gotten overtime that day (since I work for GM). Be sure to have documentation for both and repeat many times that it's 2 separate programming instances. The steering wheel controls need a BCM reprogram and the PDIM needs a simple radio update (not a reprogram). They simply update your car's profile on the master GM site that you now have a PDIM and then they send that information to your radio. Whole process for the PDIM takes like 5 minutes. The BCM is 45 so in total you should only pay for an hour of labor.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote