View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 10:23 AM   #73
dougmac

Drives: 2011 V6 MCA & 1969 GT Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Look if you want your exhaust warranty you leave it on. If you take it off it will never wear out so you gain a lifetime warranty.
Since you welded on "Aluminized Steel" pipes to the factory 409 S.S. pipes, those muffler eliminator pipes will rot out twice as fast as the factory 409 S.S. mufflers due to attaching dis-similar metals.

Now if your exhaust shop can do this same thing with 409 pipe, I will agree that the life of the exhaust system should be extended.

Another thing to consider is these huge factory mufflers are part of the car's rear collision crumple zone and without them it is possible that you are compromizing your safety (or at least rear seat passenger safety) if you were ever to get rear-ended.

Now please don't take my comments the wrong way ... I am in no way against this type of mod, and this in particluar was executed perfectly and sounds much better than most muffler deletes I've heard. Just wanted to point out a couple of concerns that may be of importance to some readers.

Thanks for posting it and taking the time to do all the videos ... a job well done !!

Doug
dougmac is offline   Reply With Quote