View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 10:31 AM   #42
RedRyder

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS M6 Camaro
Name:  SideProfile.JPG
Views: 170
Size:  316.9 KB

Time to bump this thread from the dead for an update!

Name:  OpenHoodPlasti.JPG
Views: 178
Size:  322.2 KB

A few things have changed in the last 2+ years.

I decided to plastidip my front lower lip and my trunk to get rid of the magnetic black out. I think it turned out great.

Name:  RearPlasti.JPG
Views: 176
Size:  478.0 KB

Name:  FrontPlasti.JPG
Views: 175
Size:  329.6 KB

Plus the new 6.2L Hood badges

Name:  Hood6.2L.JPG
Views: 172
Size:  232.7 KB

On the inside, I've changed from my Schosche dash kit to the Metra kit. The scosche was being too tempermental and caused weird quirks. I've also added a push button start and smart keyless entry system from Advanced Keys. This thing is awesome! Just walk up to the car and it unlocks, get in, push the button, and you're off.

Name:  MetraInterior.JPG
Views: 166
Size:  240.3 KB

Name:  Push Button.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  58.4 KB

Here's the new keyfob, it's pretty sleek.

Name:  Key.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  99.6 KB

I hooked up a Dashlogic to the obdii port and now I've got the parameters I want to see readily available on my HUD and DIC. I've got an AEM Wideband wired up to it as well for AFRs but haven't had time to install the O2 sensor yet so the AFR on the HUD is a dummy value. The HUD is actually much clearer IRL but I could only get ghosted images when trying to take a pic.

Name:  DashlogicHUD.JPG
Views: 178
Size:  103.0 KB

Name:  DashlogicDIC.JPG
Views: 187
Size:  199.0 KB

For some security and probably entertainment I wired up a dash cam to be recording while I'm driving. It's right behind my rearview mirror and really unobtrusive; I barely notice it.

Name:  DashCam.JPG
Views: 181
Size:  386.6 KB

In addition, I added a few hidden items to the car like a Vitesse throttle controller (which has been pretty fun), a GPS tracker that streams the gps coordinates straight to my home gps tracking server, and a spare wheel kit in case I need to limp home.

Next step is to get supercharged Looking to make that happen in the near future!

Last edited by RedRyder; 08-02-2019 at 09:41 AM.
RedRyder is offline   Reply With Quote