View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 08:21 PM   #4
affox83
System Test Engineer

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1011
See answers below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Hey all - been lurking around here for a little reading up on the ZL1. Surprisingly my wife is on board - which means good possibility of picking one up soon - but need some info:

1. How much room is left for passenger if Baby (rear facing) seat is in back? One of our current vehicles is an 07 Tacoma Access cab style - and my wife's legs are pinned against the dash with car seat behind her - not comfy at all.

There is absolutely not enough room for anyone that you care about to sit in the front seat with a rear-facing car seat in the back. More so because you have to set the seat back almost completely upright. Its so bad I just pulled mine right back out after checking it. After my son was born last August, that was my biggest disappointment. He will have to wait until he can sit in a normal car seat; they fit just fine.

2. What kind of maintenance costs should I expect to incur with the ZL1 - lets assume no drag / track - just normal service intervals / maintenance?

I've had nothing other than rear tires and I'm just over 14000 miles. The fronts are about gone. Your mileage may vary.

3. This car will be a "Toy", not a daily, so can I reasonably expect that there will be service / parts readily available in the years to come...say 10, 15, 20 years (I know...crystal ball question)

4. Should I get an Auto or Manual....................I'm kidding - I've seen all the debates - Going with Auto, if I can find one - there are none in Colorado.

I like having gears to play with. I had been stuck without a manual car for about 5 years and it killed me. The autos are supposed to be great, though. I'm not really biased, just missed having a clutch. Badly.

5. As it seems I will have to order one - how long should I expect to wait?

6. What good deals have folks got for: Automatic + carbon fiber + Nav?

7. Regarding the hood insert, are they all carbon fiber, but the $600 option only exposes it vs. it being color matched painted?

Ok - hope you all have time to help - much appreciated.

Last edited by affox83; 05-10-2014 at 08:22 PM. Reason: can't spell
affox83 is offline   Reply With Quote