Thread: manual trans
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 06:25 PM   #19
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Spike is a well respected member here, though he can be a little impatient sometimes. He does know his stuff, so you'd do well to listen to him. His question was an honest one. The difference in engine specs is 26 hp and 10 ft-lbs, 1 mpg worse fuel economy for the LS3 vs the L99. For the performance of the cars, they are essentially even 0-60 and the auto is a couple tenths behind the manual in the 1/4 with a bit slower trap speed. However, you are much more likely to get the auto's times when you take your SS home than the manual's simply due to lack of experience. There is a difference between being able to drive a manual and being able to drive it well. It will be quite a while before you (or I) can drive a manual well enough to beat an auto at the strip.

I don't know if I'll order an auto or manual. It will be my daily driver and there is a good chance that I'll have to slog through a lot of rush hour traffic. So that sways me more towards the auto. But there is just something about a manual that can't be duplicated with an auto.

My problem is that I ordered a manual and with a blackberry reading C5 in one hand and a coffee in the other I don't know how I'm going to shift.

On second thought... I'll just leave the coffee out of the car ~ problem solved.

Last edited by CynAgain; 11-23-2010 at 10:11 PM.
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote