View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
You can get Seafoam in through the brake booster line by necking down the line to a small hose you just barely let suck up a little Seafoam at a time (don't let the engine die, it "could" hydrolock the engine). I use tape to attach the smaller line to the brake booster line. It would be a good idea to change the oil afterwards, for the reason suggested above: leakdown past the cylinder walls.

If you wanted to go one step further, Seafoam in a spray can is called "Deep Creep" and is the same stuff. In theory, you could remove the plenum and have a shot at being able to spray down the intake tract, but the engine wouldn't be running at that point and an oil change would be even more relevant. Do not spray any sensors with the stuff.

If you remove the plenum, clean it out by soaking it in Dawn or your favorite grease-cutting soap and try to get any oil residue out of it, then dry it completely before reinstalling it.

I assume no responsibility for what may or may not happen, and all of this is just my opinion. Feel free to comment on it, however. I can remind you that adding any so-called cleaner to the gas tank will have zero cleaning effect as the fuel is injected directly into the cylinders and doesn't pass the valves on the way in.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote