View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 08:36 AM   #1
AmberBlu
Speed Demon

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM White Stripes
Is this normal? Help please!

Hi everyone!
I'm new to the forum and new to ordering a camaro. I've run into a problem with my dealership and would appreciate any suggestions on how to handle it.

I placed an order with my local dealership on July 5. They said it would be another week before they would have allocation and I knew there was a GM delay, so okay no big deal. I then called on July 12 to add an option and to check on the order. They told me the order was in, everything was great, and it'd be 6-8 weeks. I was out of town and did not ask for the order #.

So, I call today (July 26th) and they tell me the order is in the system but thy are still waiting on GM to accept it. What?!?! Everything I've read about ordering leads me to think this is not a good sign. It seems GM usually accepts within 2 days, not 2 weeks.

So far, it has not been a pleasant experience. I'm in a fairly small town and thought I'd keep the $$ local, but the dealership doesn't seem to want it .

Are they me? Should I ask for my deposit and go elsewhere? Or is this normal and I am being impatient? (It's such a beautiful car!!)

Thanks,
Amber
AmberBlu is offline   Reply With Quote