View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 03:07 PM   #8
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Thank you for posting this as well. I have been waiting to see an unbiased review of the Vararam. As I suspected, and reading on the G8 forum as to what it actually produced vice claimed, it would be a little better than some of the other intakes on the dyno but not what they are claiming. It may perform better as well than most at the track as it should keep IAT`s at ambient while moving, but I am very skeptical of any real "Ram Air" effect...The throttle body, intake manifold and camshaft become limiting factors.

I agree w/ the Vette guy that the dyno is low, no way you ran those times on 347rwhp unless you dropped like 500lbs outa the car..

I can hear the lemmings now though... You didn`t drive it for 10 bazillion miles for it to learn the intake... lol.. Under WOT its using open loop, there ain`t no learning going on there. Now for part throttle closed loop operation driveabilty issues, sure.
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote