View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 04:33 PM   #13
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
We all know that there are a few mods GM will have to make from the concept to the actual production model. I have been told that the door handles as well as the trunk will be changed. I would assume the side mirrors, dash, wheels, and loc of gas cap would also be changed. Then, I read that the roofline was to be raised by 14mm. Why? I don't know...

1. I can understand the smaller wheels. It would cost a fortune to produce the rims, tires, and not to mention the high cost to us for replacing those tires.
2. The door handles I wish would stay the same. I could understand the ice situation, but it doesn't ice down here! I'd like to see side handles like on the vette. That would be a nice addition.
3. As far as the side mirrors go, I could see those being changed...too narrow.
4. The gas cap location: I like it where it is. For all those people who are going to be careless about filling up, well...use caution! Use a paper towel when filling up to catch any dripping gas. I think the location of the gas cap looks cool as all hell.
5. I don't know why they must change the height of the roofline. 14mm is not that much, but has the potential for making a big differrence.
6. I like the dash, but think the color insert needs to match the car. I like how the gauges are set up, but don't know if I like their display. I also think that radio needs some work.
7. The trunk opening seems a bit small. For it to be useful to the other half of the folks buying this car, it needs to have good access to the trunk and enough space to carry plenty of items.

I love this car. It will be mine. I just hope they don't change it too much that it becomes something else. What do you all think?
I have read multiple times that they have said they will make every effort to stay as true to the concept as possible, so I would imagine it will become something else.

I have also read that the rear trac width will be reduced by a few inches. I agree about the rims. I really like those rims, but they will be changed.

As for the door handles, I think that vette style door handles would be awesome!

As for the interior, I am not sure if the comment about staying as true tothe concept as possible applied othe interior; I hope not. I am not a fan of the interior. I would much rather see a more modern look that all of those retro ques. I would also like to see color matching inserts used on the interior like in the GTO.... i really liked that.

Lastly, I really really hope there is a HUD and dual climate control. That is all from me.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote