View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 05:55 PM   #2
BulletSS

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJB01CamaroSS View Post
I have been trying to find a dealer that will sell a Camaro for Invoice or I would even concider MSRP with the military discount. I,ve been checking around the Hampton Roads area but havent had any luck so far. I would think with all the military in the area they would accept the discount, but its looking grim so far. If anyone knows a dealer with in 100 miles or so let me know.
Try a dealer further away from military posts. I've seen a lot of threads by folks near posts where the dealers are not honoring the discount. Unfortuanly, this makes sense to me since they would be losing tons of money on all the deals. Based on what I read today, military discount is supplier pricing. So, figure about $1,000 to $1,200 under MSRP.

When I was trying to find a dealer to use the college discount, I called over 2 dozen dealers until I found one that would accept it. Interestingly enough, they were pretty far away from the nearest college.

As for selling at invoice- I wouldn't count on that for a long time. I've seen a post by CamaroScotty talking about it, but I just don't see it happening. Not until cars are sitting on lots for months, not just hours until they are sold, do I think they will start dropping the price.

Past rides:
2000 Camaro SS
1997 Camaro
1992 Camaro RS
1980 Camaro
BulletSS is offline   Reply With Quote