View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 07:30 PM   #54
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
Hmm question? If the Z/28 uses the LSA, the LSA does not have forged pistons so how much of a ceiling would one have for mods? I highly doubt 700rwhp from a pulley swap would be wise like the GT-500 boys are doing. Any thoughts?
No idea what the LSA's ceiling is. The Caddy guys are doing minor mods to get a little over 600 crank hp out of it.

Lingenfelter has a warrantied kit designed to boost power to LS9 levels...they don't replace any internals.

And Hennessy has a kit good for 700hp without replacing any internals...no word on a warranty...though I didn't check very far into it.

Let's put it this way...the engine won't blow up if you do a little modifying.

But I look at it the same as the LS3. But you wouldn't put 600hp through a stock LS3 without worrying, and so you probably shouldn't put 800hp through a stock LSA without worrying. Even the LS9 with all its titanium isn't indestructible........

I personally doubt that the GT500 guys are putting all that power so easily with unaffected reliability...but I can't get any specs on the engine from Ford...they're nowhere near as transparent about this stuff like GM...it would make this discussion so much easier.