View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
JDP Motorsports J-Spec Camaro

Hi Guys and Gals!

We've been building, testing and breaking things on our 2011 Camaro 1SS/RS for over 2 years now. It has gone through a bunch of configurations and it was built primarily for road course/autocross duty. The premise behind the build is to have a daily driven full weight Camaro that can go to the track and be competitive. We've done that and now we'll share some of the things we've done.

This is the Camaro when we first brought it to the shop!! Virgin!!!!!

We installed and Airaid CAI the first day we had it and it has been on ever since then! It is a great system and one we use on a lot of our builds.

The next thing we installed was an Elite Engineering PCV catch-can. This didn't add anymore HP but it does keep everything clean and functioning properly!

We then installed a Hurst shifter to shorten the throw and add a little style. I later removed the Hurst upper assembly and use the stock knob attachment now.

The next step was to help it breath a little better while turning the volume up a bit! We choose a Magnaflow 3" Comp Series cat-back.

I personally enjoy having a car that handles so the next step was suspension. We install a bunch of Pfadt goodies along with some Spohn trailing arms and toe links.

Now that the suspension was up to the task we started adding more HP. We went with a set of KOOKS 1-7/8" LT headers. The performance gain was huge and with tuning we picked up 40 RWHP.

It was now time to take her out to Miller Motorsports Park and see what she could do! We ended up finishing 1st in the PCA Time Trials and they car was working excellent on stock tires. I did notice the brakes were being worked very hard and starting to fade however.

That lead to the development of our CTS-V conversion package. We wanted to create a package that allowed the customer a complete solution at a great price. We're using the HAWK DTC-30 pads up front with the HP Plus pads in the rear. The package includes stainless lines made to our specs by Goodridge and all the required parts/hardware are included down to the Motul RBF-600 fluid. The end results were truly impressive!!

We also decided to change the front radius bushings at this time and we went with the Pfadt pieces.

The next track event was going well until we broke an axle... This has been the single largest issue I've had and it took us months to finally come to a workable solution! We're now running stock axles with the DSS R/R upgrade and we haven't had a problem since.

I then decided I needed to do some waxer mods to make the Camaro look better and unique. We went with a ZL1 front bumper and we changed everything to include the performance gains offered from the increased downforce and brake cooling.

We installed a CSF Radiator while we had the front end torn apart along with our Stage 3 N/A Cam Package for yet another large jump in HP. We also installed our JDP HEater Hose and Fuel Line Relocation Package.

The next step was a Glossy Carbon Anvil spoiler. This is a great looking piece and it also increased the rear down force.

Next we were offered a set of Pfadt Gen 2 Coilovers to test. We were blown away by the quality of these units and we couldn't wait to try them out.

Next up it was time for some better wheels and Tires!!! We went with Forgeline because the quality and workmanship are 2nd to none!!! I decided to stay with a 20" wheel to keep with the daily driver theme. We wrapped them in Toyo R888's for some improved grip at the track.

We also went with a FAST 102 intake, VMAX velocity ring and Holley Valve covers to clean up the engine bay. I think it looks awesome!!

We then installed some Pfadt ZL Spec sways along with a JDP front tow hook.

We have won the last 2 Lap Battle Time Attack events at Miller Motorsports Park in the Limited RWD class. The car is very neutral and a ton of fun to drive!! There are a lot of pieces missing from this write up but I will go back and add things in very soon!

We've been at the fore front of chassis development on these cars and we're always happy to answer questions! Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. Thanks for taking the time to checkout this build!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote