View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #9
strauchpete
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Drifter View Post
Thanks again. I think your missing my point though. The car already has remote start, keyless entry and remote truck release. I don't want to duplicate those features.

A passive alarm that enables and disables with the FOB remote door locks is all I need. Basically, I want it monitor and and provide a couple of spare I/Os for my own mods. A radio paging system would be nice but if that not available I can build my own.

It seems like the new car alarms are trying to control too many features. Just want a strobe, internal siren and maybe a remote signalling. If someone wants to steal my car an alarm will not stop them. My goal is to deter the guys that break a window to grab a gadget or try to steal my gas or wheels.

If you can recommend a good basic unit I'm all ears.

Well if that is all you are wanting you can tie the aftermarket alarm into the door lock circuit of the factory remote lock interface. BUT BUT BUT if someone does break into your car all they would have to do to turn off the alarm is to hit the unlock button on the door. That would be the easiest way to do what you are wanting, but it would give some extra protection with out going to in depth into the cars electrical.

OR

Wait about 6 months and Viper is coming out with an interface that works via the cars CAN wiring, pretty much it wires into the cars OBD data port wire and it will do all doors, hood, trunk, heated seats, rear defrost, disarm, arm, lock, unlock, driver door priority, PATS bypass, dome light, and pretty much everything via data. It will work just like onstar does just via a remote.
strauchpete is offline   Reply With Quote