View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 02:33 PM   #38
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie43 View Post
Last august, I had a significant oil leak near the rear of my engine; around the oil filter housing and oil cooler lines. When I dropped my car off at the service dept, I was concerned that someone might inadvertently reflash my tune back to stock, so I hung a large sign on the rear view mirror that read: "Custom Calibration Do Not Reflash".

They fixed the leak under warranty without hesitation and left my tune intact. In fact, they had to remove one of the Kooks headers to access the leak. H*ll! They even offered me a loaner car, but I didn't need it.
Alfie
Good to hear. I have the known issue oil pan leak. Not bad but will need to get fixed. If nothing else to keep it clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie43 View Post
I can guarantee you that my dealership is not going to jeopardize their relationship with GM by "manipulating" my dinky little warranty claim.

Dealership do not have to call GM for pre-approval on every warranty job. They are authorized to make their judgment calls.

Alfie

Unfortunately one of the dealers I go to are not one of those kind. They are very strict. Recently I took it in for an oil change and they pointed out to me that my engine coolant indicator is showing dry. I asked them if I needed some dex added and they told me I need to do that. When I asked why, they told me because I had modified the engine. This was kind of surprizing to me so I asked what that mattered, and I explained that, though I had to drain the coolant and take the hoses free, the SuperCharger coolant was a completely seperate system.

Funny thing is they just couldn't understand that. I told them that I used Green coolant in my blower system and the dex in the engine. The guy said I should never mix them. ....... Huh......?

I explained that they never come together. It has it's own pump, and it's own heat exchanger, and it's own hoses. He told me again, "Ya, but you can't mix the dex with regular anti-freeze"

So I went out and showed him.

Now, even though this guy is not the mechanic, he IS the guy who writes it all up and decides warranty or not. So I showed him and WHILE I was standing there, he told the tech not to do ANYTHING but change the oil. NO WAY I get any warranty favors there.

The other dealer I have to go to is too big to get to know the service guys. I've talkied to them a little but they are either not there, or they stay busy as hell.