View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 05:30 AM   #31
302-412

Drives: 2013 Ram Express
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Porsche has gone 2.6 to 60 and 10.7@129 in the 1/4 bone stock. As for lap times, nice mag racing, but same day same driver tests are hard to find. And since when are you the authority to decide what model from the Porsche line up gets compared to the Corvette line up? Since when is a Cayman/Boxter a competitor to the Corvette? You're basing everything on price again. I've seen these 10.6xx zr1 runs made in -1400 DA, big deal. Like I said, ZR1 and the Z06 got toppled as kings of the hill by both the GT-R and the 911T, that's why Chevy put the PSS Cups on them. In fact, especially on the Nurburgring, the ZR1 couldn't crack a 7:38, just like the 911T, when it was in stock trim. Once they started using safety equipment", as in roll cages, in turn stiffening the car, and then throwing the "optional" DOT competition tires on them did they start "winning" that battle. Ring times are a marketing gimmick, and GM releasing track times that people can't seem to replicate is another one. In the end, like I said, you would be hard pressed to find anyone cross shopping the two. Porsche guys and Corvette guys are equally passionate about their own brands. I like both, but I prefer the 911 for it's every day livability and blend of performance and luxury.
Funny how when the 5.0 vs SS mag reports came out certain people seemed to scoff at them, now in regards to the the Corvette their Gospel?
302-412 is offline   Reply With Quote