View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 06:28 PM   #74
Stig

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
I am going to try to explain my thoughts on this subject.

I know some of you are pissed and are upset, I started this thread because I noticed it and I was shocked.

But now after thinking about it for a while, I have come to some conclusions about both the Blue color situation, and Red Jewel situation...

Red Jewel is an extra $$$ paint option, to offer it on the base car is in a way, contradicting itself. Why would GM put an extra cost option on a car that most people want to buy because it is cheap...hence, the BASE MODEL. Personally, if I was looking for a base car, I wouldnt want to spend extra money on a paint job....so that is my reasoning there.

As for the 2 blue colors...Blue's have never historically or modernly been a "performance color"...(I know some will argue with me on this... ) But it hasnt...I think the SS is more of a performance sports machine, where the V-6 models are more of an everyday car that people would be able to get more options/colors on.

I know it may not make sense, but if you think about it logically, there is a reason for it, and GM does have a business case to make. So PERSONALLY I can totally understand why they did it.

I just wanted to voice my thoughts...sorry to all the people who love blue and wanted an SS....as for me, its Cyber Gray or Victory Red