View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 09:17 AM   #334
CamaroSCG

Drives: 2002 SS
Yes, I don't post a lot here because I own a 2002 SS, but I'll add my thoughts on this. My girlfriend takes her car to 1st State, but it's a Cobalt, so I don't think she has to worry. Unless..... someone takes her car out to pick up lunch.

Between the guy who wrecked the ZL1 and 1st State, I think both of them should pay to make it 100% right by the ZL1 owner. I think most would agree that a large portion of the blame goes to the guy who took the Camaro out for a joy ride (aka "a good beating"). Let his insurance cover most of it and let his rates skyrocket! I would hope that the police come back with some more serious charges against him later on.

For future reference, when I had my M6 trans rebuilt under warranty years ago by Tom Oats Chevy in PA, I signed on the waiver and also wrote down "no test rides unless I'm in the car". I'm pretty sure they followed my request because the mileage hadn't changed and the mechanic went with me for a drive when the car was done. My thinking was, this is my contract (waiver) as well and I can modify it. If they didn't agree with what I had added, then we could talk it out or I could choose to take it somewhere else.