View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #14
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll_the_Dice View Post
Very nice! How did you know I am about to do this? Thanks for the tips, I have been wondering about painting the chrome. I bought some self etching primer...do you think that would be fine? i am testing right now on some electrical conduit to see how it all works. I like doing things myself...I get to learn, it's fun and less expensive! Great job.
Yes, a primer specifically made for that purpose will work, id still scuff it up. Prep is very important, but the clear will make it all solid, and resilient, just be careful and follow the directions on the cans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
Just an FYI... the center of the bowtie is removable. Be careful that you dont break it when you remove it, but if you do, you don't even have to tape it off, just spray it and put it back together with some more 3M tape.
Yes, this is an avenue people can choose, but I chose to mask with tape and razor blade, just to be sure I didnt break the inside, as Ive heard its easy to do. I also did not remove the rear one, so I couldnt have safely removed the inside for that one.

Good tip for people removing both bowties!