View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 08:14 PM   #109
Sweet Zness
Because I Can

Drives: 08 IOM G8GT 11 Victory Red SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
I never used those words or anything close to them. Not sure who did (don't recall seeing those posts) but they are not accurate.

Have you tracked a car with big carbon brakes? I have, many in fact. Two of my cars had $25k carbon/silicon/carbide rotor'ed brake systems with billet calipers. I suspect you are not aware of what benefits a "real" brake system can offer, particularly on a heavy car. In the interest of having an informed discussion based on facts and not knee-jerk reactions, why don't you dig into that subject? Come back and we can then discuss it again if you like?

Sir I am fully aware of what a great suspension/braking system will do for a car of any size.

The discussion I am trying to have is that if this is a track superstar Camaro that is specifically built for racing warriors. Then its silly to only be able to use it in a friendly track day setting. Just for shits and giggles.

Its like we are saying "Hey look, we took out the carpet, left one speaker, put these massive breaks on it so the less than one half of one percent of the worlds population would be ok to race it in a friendly only setting"

Tell me if you believe they couldn't save 300 lbs elsewhere through materials, or parts that wouldn't compromise it as a daily? If your answer is yes, then they should of gone this route, cut off the ceramics priced it just a hair above the ZL1 and sold a lot more of them to Camaro Enthusiasts.

I mean, unless your saying that factory installed Carbon Ceramics is the ONLY way to go to make a Z/28.
Sweet Zness is offline   Reply With Quote