View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 02:16 PM   #173
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneZ28 View Post
Awesome! Sounds really good in the video!!!

...but let me tell ya, nothing compares to how it sounds in person.
Dual mode open?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidddogbites View Post
at the verry end, was that a red camaro convertable in the back round?
I saw that one, too! 'Vert Z28?... Okay - that may be asking too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhra stocker View Post
Thats FREAKIN AWESOME!!! Screw Nurburging give me one to test at ATCO!!!
I predict, under your feet: 11.70 @ 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
EPIC says it all. You can tell that they are out to make a statement. Yes, I am afraid it would be a garage queen for me..... but it's a lot easier to walk out to the garage than drive to a dealer, crank it up, hear the supercharger whining asking for attention, being pulled to the rear to hear the exhaust backpopping, sit in the driver seat a bit, crank up the radio, turn off the radio, record the pipes for my stereo, wax it up, take it out for a mellow growly ride, listen to the cam loping as I creep through the crowd of lookers on Sat. nite, maybe even park it, sharing the marvel of what our designers and engineers have created because it will be rare; then as I go home ... rev it up, wind it out a few times listening to the backpressure pops as I let off the throttle, drive her home, remove the dust, etc, once again listen to the loping growl echoing in the garage, check out the side view mirrors, look at the guages monitoring the systems, make sure the radio is set to my favorite station, enjoy a toast at the end of the evening, gently roll up the windows, check it over, reshine any imperfections, and ever so softly put the car cover on, wish it a good nite, turn off the lite, and peek back to make sure she's ok.... then go to bed, knowing a legend is here providing both solitude and joy, excited that a new day begins at the crack of dawn and I can do it all again........... thanks GM. Thanks.
If I could fit this quote in my sig', I SO would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
That's because dealerships in norcal are terrible for the most part... I bought my car in socal for that reason.
Norcal is terrible for the most part, LOL!!! I think I might be going East Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
To match what you can test at the 'ring you'd need to go to at least half a dozen tracks. There really isn't a better place in the world to work on the suspension setup for a car.

The Chevrolet Camaro Z28 won't be more refined (with regard to NVH) than the Cadillac CTS-V. If anything, it will be less refined, which opens the door to improved performance. Whatever they did in the CTS-V, they can push it a little further in the Camaro. So the suspension can be a bit firmer and they'll get away with it. And the exhaust can be a bit louder and they'll get away with it. But even if everything is tuned the exact same as the CTS-V, the Z28 is going to be a bit lighter which will improve overall performance.
Lower restriction exhaust = more power; stiffer ride = lowered with better bushings, springs, sways, coil overs and better handline

I fully expect Z28 to be at least a couple seconds faster than CTS-V. Like 'G said - Z28 can be tuned to be a lot more aggressive which will result in a better performing car. I'm hoping we get some magneto' shocks with all this too, but there are vendors here that are putting out probably better products for us, so I'm not worried about anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfin View Post
... b-b-b-but... wasn't that a V6 car we heard... ?!?

Best regards,

Elie
You three are killing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Maro Demon View Post
I would really really like to be able to afford one of these new Z/28's but I think its going to be out of my price range.
At least Z28 is coming back

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote