View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 06:53 PM   #17
MadMaxx
Master of the V6

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
A stock Supra or Skyline will get whooped bad by a stock Camaro SS. And that includes every category - braking, handling, and of course acceleration.
I sure hope so... given they are sporting decade+ (hint: my Supra was a '93) old technology. Then again, as soon as someone puts 500$ into the stock twins on the mkiv supra, they're pushing 400rwhp on pump. I do not recommend, unless you know the driver personally, screwing around w/ a mkiv... simply not worth the embarrassment risk.

Quote:
And the best part is, for the same price as a 10 year old, used and abused Supra or Skyline, you can buy a brand new Camaro SS. Amazing.
So was that a nod to the amazing value holding potential of the mkiv supra, or how inexpensive the SS is? Given that the RB series of skylines isn't available in the US, and 90% of any here are illegally on the ground (if it didn't go through motorex, it isn't legal - period) they are not something to really compare with. A tastefully done mkiv can run you damn near double the cost of an SS. Different stokes for different folks.

Enjoy the cars, have fun above all!