View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 02:58 PM   #8
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
FYI....Factory MSRP, Window Sticker, MSRP,Factory Invoice, Dealer Invoice.....make absolutely sure both parties know exactly what each means. MSRP and Factory MSRP can be two different things. I've looked up Factory MSRP on the GM website before on a truck and gone to the dealership and looked at the exact same truck and the prices haven't been the same. Some dealers add to the Factory MSRP and make a new window sticker to show the new MSRP. I doubt its legal, but I have seen it. I've also seen doctored window stickers and Invoices. I caught a local Large Chevy dealership here in Houston playing the "I'll show you my invoice" price game. Turned out they weren't showing the actual factory invoice, but a doctored up Dealer Invoice to make you think they were selling it to you at thier cost. Watch out for the double destination charges also. Its included in the Factory MSRP, but some dealers charge you again when they add in the fees on the sales contract.
Just a heads up.
http://autopedia.com/html/monroneysticker.html

They can add via an addendum...but they CAN NOT adjust the monroney sticker from the factory.
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote