View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 12:21 PM   #10
KatarHol

Drives: '04 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
The Camaro Z28 and the Mustang GT500 have never in history been rivals. The Z28 was a race-tuned, small-displacement alternative to the SS. They competed with the Mustang GT. That's it.

I'm so amazed that traditionalists and classic car enthusiasts do not know this. I'm getting sick of people putting the Z28 up with the GT500 when it clearly isn't on the same level of performance. The Camaro ZL1 competed with top-tier GT500s.
Chill out,if GM makes a 500+HP supercharged Z28.....guess what it's competing with??
The Z28 has had many different faces,from the 1st gen Trans Am road racer(it competed with the Boss from '69-70,not the GT) to a more traditional muscle car(offered with bigger engines and Autos) to a smog dog to what the last one was,a great all-arounder that you could get with a Automatic or as convertible,stuff you couldn't get with the 1st gen Z28. It's changed too much over time to have a set definition of what a Z28 means. From the '82 until '02,the Z28 competed with the GT and Cobra. The 4th gen SS isn't that different as to seperate it from the 4th gen Z28.
The past is past,the new Z28 will have to compete with the new GT500. In my opinion,the Boss 302 was the top performance Mustang from '69-70 and the Z28 was the best performance all-around you could get in a Camaro from '67-69.
KatarHol is offline   Reply With Quote