View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #7
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Tyler360;3471628]I have a few questions concerning forced induction, its negative affects on an engine, and ways to get around the warranty. But first I just want to say I am new here and i don't have a whole lot of experience/knowledge in the world of performance upgrades. In other words, i'm just getting into the hobby. Sorry if thats a bit off-topic but i find that sometimes it helps to know what you are dealing with.
Welcome to the Community.

Quote:
Anyways, with that being said, the vehicle in question is a 100% stock 2011 Camaro 2SS, manual tranny, and a hurst short throw. My questions:

What engine parts risk being damaged when adding a supercharger to a 100% stock LS3? Would a turbo be any different? What other performance upgrades should be made when adding a turbo or supercharger?
Done Properly the car can be as reliable as any other brand new car on the road, we built hundreds of cars and trucks with superchargers over the last 20 years.

2 of my Personal vehicles are Supercharged one for 11 years and one for 7 years and I still beat the crap out of them.

Quote:
Are there any loopholes in getting around the power train warranty? Such as installing a bolt-on turbo or supercharger and removing it if you have to take the vehicle in to make a warranty claim?

As far as the computer goes, can you reset it back to factory settings without leaving any trace of it having ever been modified? If not, would it be possible to buy another computer, use that one with the SC or TC, and then if you have problems, reinstall the original?
No and that would be Fraud if you tried it.

Quote:
Why I'm asking:I bought my camaro brand new 2 months ago. When i bought it, I made the stupidest, dumbest mistake and bought an extended warranty(I think it cost like 1,800). At the time I was so excited that I was actually going to own the car of my dreams that I hadn't put any thought into the fact that any performance upgrades might void the warranty. Anyway, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Definitely look in to a refund for this, An Extended warranty is better suited for a vehicle you will never touch and put more miles per year than allotted in the base warranty.

Not a good fit for a Pleasure vehicle.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote