Thread: Tune required?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 04:20 AM   #3
balthazar

Drives: Black 2SS/RS w/Ground Effects
I'm still new to this so, take this for what it's worth, but the CAI really depends on WHICH CAI you get. Some don't seem to make a difference unless you also get a tune, some make a difference but run like crap unless you get a tune.

And my understanding is, if for instance you do the Cold Air Inductions CAI and the American Racing Long Tube headers. You shouldn't NEED a tune. But the performance gains will be greater if you get a tune.

Just at that point you voided your warranty.

As far as I've read installing a CAI/headers doesn't void...I wont say anything, but it wont void much. If your dealer is kinda of...IMHO crappy, they might hassle you about it, and obviously if the headers cause damage, it wont be covered, and the headers themselves wont be covered. But otherwise it SHOULD be down to the dealer having to prove that your mods caused the problem.

Just bear that in mind. If your mods cause damage/problems, the dealer wont be on the hook for it.

Anyone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Like I said, this is just based on my <2 weeks worth of ownership/research.
balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote